Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Weekend to Savor

Last weekend was beautiful.  On Saturday, we went to the Suwon Fortress Wall for the fourth time (we love it there!).  We have now seen it in all four seasons. :)  Our friend Melissa was visiting, so we decided it would be perfect to spend the day there.  Our hike around the wall was punctuated by breaks in the shade under picturesque Korean pagodas.  There were so many beautiful moments that day.  Like sitting at the top of a small mountain under a huge pagoda, listening to a man playing his guitar and singing traditional Korean ballads. We even found a small sunflower patch, and I couldn't seem to take enough pictures.  I never knew how much I loved sunflowers!  I told Tim that when we grow up I want to have sunflowers in our yard!  Tim spent a lot of the day taking pictures of insects, spiders, and bumblebees.  He sees the beauty in the small things!  It was such a beautiful day!











The next day (Sunday) was full of goodbyes.  Our friends Jackie and Melissa are both leaving Korea, so we had one last lunch with them at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  It seems so strange and surreal that they are leaving.  Has it really been one year?  It all went by so fast.  From the beginning, we knew that our time with our friends in Korea would be short, but that doesn't make it any less sad.  Unfortunately, this is a place where "hello" and "goodbye" are all too close together.  I've experienced this working in theatre, too.  That is why I savor my moments every day!  I'm so thankful for wonderful friends and moments that are worthy of savoring!


Sunday evening, our pastor took Tim and me out for dinner at the U.S. Army Base.  He wanted to have dinner with us before we leave for a month.  It was such a treat!  We had a steak buffet, with all sorts of delicious American food that we haven't laid eyes on in a year.  We had a great time talking with him and taking pictures with him afterwards.  We are so thankful for such a Godly pastor who has been such a huge support and encouragement to us from the beginning of our time in Korea.  His sense of humor and genuine love for people are amazing!  I can't say enough about how much we have been blessed by him and Seoul Union Church this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment