Remember how we were able to see the power of prayer on the first leg our journey? (Read about it here). Well, that theme continued as we traveled from Istanbul to Dubai. We got to the airport early because we needed time to talk to the people at the check-in desk about our extra luggage. This time, for such a short international flight, we KNEW that our suitcases were overweight by a lot. But I also knew that we had prayed them through before and we could do it again. Also, I believed that with the right words with the right intention, the airport workers could understand our situation. I prayed all the way to the airport that I would have the right words to explain our situation, and that we would be shown grace. When we got there, I explained that our suitcases had been cleared to go through to Cairo without the extra fee, but that now, because of the chaos in Cairo, we were stuck with them. I explained that we were moving from Korea, and had we known that we were going to have all of these stopovers before our final destination, we would have packed differently (Truly. Those suitcases were a PAIN to lug around). After I finished explaining everything, they spoke in Turkish to each other, and it did not seem like they were going to have sympathy on us. But then, all of a sudden, they started weighing our suitcases and putting stickers on them! We had prayed them through again! We were so thankful!
We had a good flight, and we arrived in Dubai in the early morning. The administration from Universal American School (a sister school to our school in Egypt) arranged our airport pick-up, and we were brought to our apartment. We were also taken to the school to talk with some people there, and get reimbersed for our travel expenses. We were given a cell phone and taken to a mall so that we could get some groceries and things for the apartment. We were so thankful that we were being taken care of! Also, our apartment complex was filled with teachers from the school, so we were invited to a party that night! Being in a new place is always easier when there are people around to connect with. So things were looking up. Although there were still so many unknowns, we felt a peace for the time being. Have I mentioned we were thankful? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment