Sunday, October 17, 2010

Every Day Life

Life in Korea is FUN!  And not just the weekend excursions (which we love), but also the day-to-day things.  Here are some snapshots from our every day life...

We live steps away from this picturesque, tree-lined brick walkway, known as "Coffee Street".  We walk through these streets every day, and we never get tired of its quaintness.  Here, there are endless Western food options, and no shortage of coffee and tea!  Our favorite Italian place on this street is owned by a real Italian chef!  We've been to lots of residential places in Korea, and none of them compare to this. :)



I've written before about how Tim and I love cooking together.  Here is Tim making Indian bread (naan), and tossing it like a professional! 

This has become my absolute favorite dish that we cook!  It's called Tomato Feta Pasta.  I think feta cheese was literally sent straight from Heaven, and I have learned to love tomatoes (Tim says that I have matured). :)  So this dish is unbelievably delicious!  And easy to make, too!

Shopping in Korea is always fun!  In one shopping excursion, we bought all of these goodies with prizes taped to them.  And yes, we mostly just buy the product because of the prize, but it's totally worth it!  Plus, we might as well support good sales tactics. :)

Zig-zag scissors!

A cereal bowl!

Strawberry milk!

This is one of Tim's favorite past-times... :)

This is our apartment that we love.  I know I have shown pictures of it before, but the furniture arrangement has changed so many times.  This one is here to stay, I think.  This is the main living/dining area. We're thankful for a couch, which we didn't have for over six months last year.  To either side of the living area are two bedrooms- one for us and one for storage and guests.

Dining table and photo wall.  Notice Tim's chalk pastel in the center. :)

It's the little things that make life in Korea fun every day!

2 comments:

  1. What happened to all of the Christmas lights on Coffee Street? When did they take them down? I like the furniture arrangement.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they took down the lights after Lunar New Year, so soon after you left. That's when they usually take down Christmas decorations here. Right now it's all decorated for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete