Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keep Our Hopes Alive

In light of Holy Week, I thought I would share a reading that has been inspiring me:

Risen Lord Jesus,
when all the world seems against us,
keep our hopes alive.
Help us to remember
that after crucifixion
comes the resurrection,
that after the darkness
comes the dawn,
and after the bitterness of defeat
comes a new beginning.
Keep our hopes alive
so that we may be ready.

To be honest, I've battled a lot within myself in the past few months.  Things from the past that have resurfaced.  Things that have caused me to question and doubt.  Things that are a part of growing up, I guess.  Through it all, I've been so thankful for a husband who shows me God's love and grace.  And I've also been thankful for my hope in God.  What would I do without it?  After the darkness comes the dawn.  That means that even in the midst of darkness, I can cling to the light that I know will soon be there.  I can't imagine what Jesus' followers were going through after His crucifixion.  Their hopes died with Him.  They must not have known where and how to go from there.  What they didn't know was that after the crucifixion would come the resurrection.  Their despair would not last for long.  And to go from the depths of agony to the heights of restoration must have been the most amazing feeling in the world!  To realize that there was a plan and a purpose and hope after all... indescribable.

I absolutely know that I am in Korea for a reason.  Being here, apart from my normal life, has allowed God to speak to me and work on me in so many ways.  It has been amazingly joyous at times, and painful and unpleasant at other times.  But even in the hard times, I have to remember that I have hope in a Risen Savior.  Nothing can compare with that.  So I am choosing to keep my hopes alive, and celebrating that victory this Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment