Sunday was our Easter service at church that we had a part in. Tim, me, and our friends Jackie, Matt, Collin, and Melissa did monologues to show the different perspectives of the crucifixion and resurrection. I was Mary Magdalene, Tim was Thomas, and there was also Peter, a soldier, one of the crowd, and an elder. We all sat in different parts of the church, and then walked up to the cross during our monologues. We each also brought something to the cross that our character would sacrifice. It was a really powerful group of monologues, and it started the service in a meaningful, reflective way. I was really proud of all of us, since we only had a week to memorize and prepare the monologues. And Tim did an amazing job! Of course, he's good at everything he does, so I'm not surprised. :) But I wish you could have seen it. Tim and I were also on the worship team, but unfortunately, I was sick with a sinus infection and barely had a singing voice. That was really disappointing to me. But the service was very worshipful and celebratory. Our church has this tradition of decorating the cross with flowers on Easter. They have this green wire covering the cross, and everyone comes up and covers the cross in all kinds of flowers during the worship time. When it was all decorated, it was so beautiful! And such a great symbol of new life! After church, we had a potluck lunch, and really great fellowship time. Have I mentioned how much we love our church and our friends?! :)
Adorable Jackie (Jaxy as I call her) and the amazing fire spectacle on her cake!
The blossomed flower of candles!
The girls! From left to right: Laura, Melissa, Jackie, Amber, Paola, and Me.
The beautiful cross of flowers!
Our pastor snuck into this picture! Hehe. :) We love him!



I wish we could have experienced your Easter service, too! I'm so glad you and Tim have such a great support group there.
ReplyDeleteSue