In other news, Tim and I got haircuts, and I got my hair highlighted! Ordinarily, this wouldn't be such a huge deal, but in Korea it is. I have put off going to get my hair done because I was nervous about communicating what I wanted. I didn't want my hair to turn orange or something (it has happened before)! Anyway, someone recommended a place to me where they speak English, so we went! It was a success! Tim finally got a short haircut the way he likes it. The two times he has gotten his hair cut before, they have left it too long on top. Koreans don't like short hair. I got a trim and blonde highlights. Plus, the place that we went to really pampered us! They took our coats and gave us tea and cookies while we were waiting. They placed a pillow and 2 magazines on my lap while I was getting my hair highlighted, and when I left the chair to get my hair washed, they held my place in my magazine, and gave it back to me right where I left off! And we got head and neck massages! So it was an all-around good experience, and we feel like ourselves again! :) Here's proof of our new hair!
Notice that I am sporting a Korean-style, school girl headband. :) I love them! I bought this one at this outdoor market near Hongik University in Seoul. The area has a really cool, young, artsy vibe because the college is nearby. They have vendors selling all sorts of handmade clothes, shoes, and jewelry, and it's all really artistic and unique. I went shopping there with Jackie and Melissa on our Girls Day last weekend, in lieu of the postponed Cherry Blossom Festival. While shopping, we stumbled upon a huge group of Koreans swing dancing! They were all dolled up in 50's looking outfits, and looked so cute! We also got massages and soaked our feet in some really hot water that turned my feet a fluorescent red color! Ah! The super hot water is supposed to be good for your health, they said. (??) But the massages we're really relaxing and inexpensive! It was a good day. But I would really love to have some warmer weather soon. I know it's coming. The road to our school is lined with beautiful cherry blossom trees that are blooming. A new season. I'm ready for it.


No comments:
Post a Comment