Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tim's Surprise Birthday Party!

As we headed back home from Fort Wayne, I was excited and nervous because I knew there was a surprise party waiting for Tim at my parent's house!  About a month earlier, I had started corresponding with Tim's friends to find a good day to surprise him with a party (since he was turning THIRTY)!  We finally decided on a day, and my parents said that they could cook and set up everything before we arrived home from Fort Wayne.  I bought the food and decorations while Tim was in Phoenix, and everything was set!  When we arrived back at my parent's house, I could hardly contain my excitement.  The guests had hidden their cars around the block, so he wasn't suspicious. We walked in, and his friends were there to surprise him!  I was so happy and relieved!  Planning a surprise party is stressful!  It was so great to see and celebrate with Kyle & Kara Sears, Ryan Yazel, Carpo, Ian & Joy Lightcap, Chris & Audra DeSelm and the many children and babies!  We talked, ate hot dogs and hamburgers, played corn hole, and watched all the kids run around the backyard!  The theme of the party was Star Wars (because Tim is a nerd), so there was a Star Wars cake that lit up and Star Wars decorations!  And for Tim's birthday present, I got him an XBOX 360!  He was very excited!  The whole day was a success!!

Tim with Ryan and Carpo

Tim and Carpo playing corn hole

Ian and Chris

Liv, Kali, and Sophie!  So adorable!

Cutie Kali!

Tim opening his present with Sophie's help.

XBOX 360!!

Yes, I made him wear this birthday hat!  Check out the Star Wars cake!

Star Wars figurines from the cake.

Happy 30th Birthday, Tim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment